Reservations are honored based on availability, calling in advance is strongly encouraged. To make a group tour reservation:
1. Call toll free (877) 462-8535
2. Provide the following information:
Below is some information about the experience and booking information.
- Date of visit and arrival time
- Number in group and approximate knowledge level
- Name of contact person
- Any special needs of the group or picnic shelter use
- Groups should schedule a minimum of one hour and 15 minutes at the Interpretive Center and 45 minutes at Fort Mandan.
- Picnic shelters are available but you must reserve them with your tour. Food and drink are not allowed in exhibit areas.
The cost for group tours and operators is $7.50 per person. This fee covers your entrance to the Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center and Fort Mandan.
Please check in at the reception area of the Interpretive Center or the Fort Mandan Visitor Center. You should arrive shortly before your scheduled time so that you can purchase passes and your group can use the restrooms. Since the daily scheduled can be busy, late arrival could result in a delay of your tour.
Guided tours of Fort Mandan are led by our highly-trained interpretive staff. The Interpretive Center is a self-guided experience.
Many additional learning experiences are available from our interpretive staff. If you are interested in spending additional time and learning more, please ask for availability of special opportunities when making your reservation. A variety of programs related to the Lewis & Clark Expedition are available and can be adapted to any group's size, age or interest.